Friday, 28 November 2025

US will pause migration from ‘third-world countries’- Says Trump

US President Donald Trump has warned of intensifying his immigration crackdown, promising to "permanently pause migration" to the US from all "third world countries" as he criticized his nation's "refugee burden". Trump's social media statement followed the announcement of a US National Guard member's de@th due to a shooting in Washington DC, for which an Afghan national is being held responsible. He did not provide additional details or specify which countries could be impacted. This plan may encounter legal obstacles and has already faced opposition from UN agencies. The president's statements after Wednesday's de@dly incident indicate a further hardening of his position on migrants during his second term.
In addition to other actions, Trump has aimed to implement mass deportations of migrants who entered the US unlawfully, significantly reduce the yearly quota for refugee admissions, and eliminate automatic citizenship rights that currently apply to nearly everyone born in the US. Following Wednesday's shooting, Trump vowed to expel any foreigner "from any country who does not belong here". On the same day, the US halted processing all immigration applications from Afghans, stating that the decision was made while reviewing "security and vetting protocols". Then on Thursday, the US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) announced it would reassess green cards granted to individuals who had immigrated… Trump's strongly worded two-part post on Thursday night went even further, promising to "end all federal benefits and subsidies to noncitizens".
"I will permanently pause migration from all Third World Countries to allow the U.S. system to fully recover," the president wrote. The phrase "third world" is a term that was used in the past to describe poorer, developing nations. The White House and USCIS have not provided more information about Trump's plan, which he did not directly connect to Wednesday's attack in his post. Earlier this year, the president had already put a travel ban on nationals from Afghanistan and 11 other countries, mostly in Africa and Asia. During his first term, another travel ban was implemented that affected several majority-Muslim countries. In response to Trump's comments, the UN urged his administration to follow international agreements concerning asylum seekers. The deputy spokesperson for the UN secretary general told Reuters, "We expect all countries, including the United States, to honour their commitments under the 1953 Refugee Convention."

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Trump vows to freeze migration from third world countries after D.C. attack .

Anonymous said...

U.S. halts all asylum claim decisions in wake of national Guard Shooting.

Anonymous said...

Migration from third world countries after national Guard Shooting

Anonymous said...

Maybe because of the shooting of national Guard

Anonymous said...

Immigration crackdown criticized his nation's refugees burden.