Saturday, 29 November 2025

The Ongoing Struggle of Freed Kwara Church Kidnap Victims

Thirty-eight members of the Christ Apostolic Church, Oke Isegun, Eruku, Kwara State, who were kidnapped by bandits on November 18, have not yet been reunited with their families, despite their confirmed release. The worshippers were abducted during a special thanksgiving service in the Ekiti Local Government Area, an attack that resulted in three deaths. Governor AbdulRahman AbdulRazaq confirmed their release through his Chief Press Secretary, Rafiu Ajakaye. Presidential aide Bayo Onanuga clarified that no ransom was paid and that the release was secured through government negotiations.
Following their freedom, the victims were transferred to Ilorin for medical and psychological care sponsored by the state government. A senior official revealed that the delay in reunification is due to the ongoing trauma care, especially for the elderly and children. However, relatives are growing anxious about the prolonged wait. One family member, speaking anonymously, stated: “The government told us they are taking care of them. We celebrated when we heard they had been released, but since that day, they have not arrived in Eruku. We miss them and want them back home.” Officials have pledged thorough care before the return, emphasizing that the victims went through severe trauma.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

They will be fine and okay and reunite back with their family.

Anonymous said...

It's well with them.

Anonymous said...

May God help them

Anonymous said...

God will deliver us in this country.